Discussing topics like respect, focus, and health are an integral part of our program to help students move beyond the physical movements and apply martial arts skills outside the dojo.
Ages 4 - 6
Classes meet once a week for 45 minutes. The environment is less formal than a standard karate class for older students. Many students in this age group go on to be very successful in our programs designed for older children since they are well prepared for the challenge.
Benefits of lessons for this age group:
- improved focus, respect, self-control, and self-discipline
- reinforcement of basic learning skills that they need for success in any educational environment
- interacting in a positive manner with other children and adults
- introduction to personal health and fitness
- character development through tasks and projects both in and outside of class
- developing martial arts fundamentals through repetition
- improved balance, coordination, and physical strength
Little Dragons work on a patch system of achievement, changing focus areas every few weeks. The entire class explores the same topic simultaneously, and patches are awarded to participants at the completion of each unit.
Children graduate to the Preteens level about the time they turn 7 or after obtaining all the 'Patches' in the Little Dragons Program, where they will begin working on belts at an individual pace. To ensure quality instruction, class size is limited.