Hard work, focus, and energy are the keys to success in our Preteens program! Children learn by experiencing the thrill of success in a positive atmosphere where all of these qualities are rewarded.
Ages 7 - 12
The preteen class is a fun and exciting approach to the study of martial arts. Children learn through experience, with an emphasis on enjoying the process. Students generally attend classes twice each week.
Benefits of classes for this age group include:
- Developing a strong sense of self-esteem and confidence
- Building character through tasks and projects completed both in and outside class
- Improved physical strength, coordination, flexibility, and balance
- The ability to set and achieve goals
- Establishing lifelong patterns for health, nutrition, and exercise
- Improved focus and rapid learning for lifelong success
- Developing strong martial arts fundamentals and self-defense skills
- Memorizing and perfecting different movement sequences
Like in any educational forum, testing is an integral part of the process. Kids have the opportunity to demonstrate what they've learned and worked hard on. The testing process gives them a chance to carry that sense of accomplishment outside of the school to other activities as well!
Preteen students work on a belt system of advancement by demonstrating proficiency in skills explored at each level. Belts are earned by completing a curriculum and participating in a formal test. The curriculum includes optional character improvement components as well as physical skills.
Students may graduate to higher level classes at the invitation of the instructional staff. Camps, parties, and other special events are periodically offered for Preteen students.
In order to ensure quality instruction, class size is limited.